Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wow



Sublime:
a:) lofty, grand, or exalted in thought, expression, or manner
b:) of outstanding spiritual, intellectual, or moral worth
c:) tending to inspire awe usually because of elevated quality (as of beauty, nobility, or grandeur) or transcendent excellence
d:) "Gang of Losers" by The Dears

This album locked me in from the first note and I didn't turn away until it was all over. Some may think "Hey, these guys sound like The Smiths." First of all, Negative Nancy, you need to lighten up. Second of all, The Smiths are awesome right? But they haven't made music in a while, right? Something to the tune of twenty years. Well, I figure that there is room in the current music scene for a band that sounds a lot like The Smiths. Besides, somebody's gotta do it, right?

I know that this album came out in 2006. But, I just heard it and I want to extol its virtues from the mountain tops.

They also have inspired my next post which will be up in a few days.

mp3:Sinthtro
mp3:You and I are a Gang of Losers

No comments: